Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Greater Tomorrow: Relay For Life






As I have made abundantly clear I am an individual dedicated to self-improvement and the unlocking of my absolute potential in life. However, this past weekend on a blisteringly hot afternoon in Southern California my wife and I put our own interests aside and took a small four hours out of our day to volunteer for those in need. We dedicated our afternoon to volunteering with Relay For Life in the city of San Fernando, CA. Relay For Life is a charitable organisation partnered with the American Cancer Society to provide funding to research teams fighting to cure cancer and to give aid to the patients and families of those affected by the brutal disease.  Programs like these need as many volunteers as they can get for as little or as much time as people can donate. Sacrificing our own time selflessly to help others is part of what makes us human beings. It reminds us that there are others out there not as fortunate as ourselves and only together can we work to end the pain and suffering that happens to individuals all around the world. I may have only been able to donate four hours of my time but if we all do a small amount we can be a part of something great. I most certainly will be donating much more of my time as often as I can spare it and I urge you all to do the same. The world needs your help. GET NVOLVED

No comments:

Post a Comment